Tennessee Valley Trail (and Beach) is only 12 miles from downtown San Francisco, which means you could actually run there if you wanted to.
In most big cities, you would have to to travel hundred of miles to find a place like it. Maybe this explains why people pay $3,500 in rent for a one-bedroom apartment to live in this crazy city. Let’s not even talk about the prices people pay in Marin County (where this jont is located).
What you need to know
- You can drive (or run) but I recommend biking there. It’s only 9, miles from the Golden Gate Bridge. You can always take the ferry back from Sausalito if you get tired.
- It can get crowded on weekends, but you can always go on less traveled trails around there.
- Parking is hard to find on weekends. Bike there my friend.
- In summer be prepared for fog…DENSE FOG…and wind.
- Dogs, even on leash, are not allowed on the main trail.
4.5 stars on Yelp©(145 reviews): “It was good for the soul”, “should be on everyone’s hiking ‘bucket list'”, “This is why I love my state! So darn expensive to live but worth every penny!” Read all reviews.