The Muir Beach Overlook is a required stop on your drive up Highway 1. It’s approximately 45 minutes north of the City, and a five minute drive from Muir Beach. When it’s not foggy, you get stunning views of the Pacific Coast, all the way from San Francisco to the Point Reyes Peninsula.
What you need to know
- Combine with a jont to Muir Beach. However, note that you cannot walk there directly from the beach. See map.
- Avoid it if you’re scared of heights
- It’s windy up there, so remember to carry layers
- Cell phone coverage is not reliable
- Between June and August, you’re probably not going to see much (the whole coast is covered with fog)
- It can get slightly crowded on weekends, specially during sunset
- Parking is limited
Combine this jont with…
Other jonts along the Coast