You’ll love the casting pools at Golden Gate Park. Whether you’re an experienced fly fisherman/woman, or not even interested in the sport, this spot is just freaking awesome.
You don’t fish? No problem, just bring a book, sit by the pools, and take in the colors, sounds, and smells of this magical place.
What you need to know
- The Golden Gate Angling and Casting Club offers free classes every second Saturday of the month. Details.
- Keep an eye out for fly-fishing world champs. They like to hang out there.
- There are clean bathrooms in the clubhouse – A precious commodity in Golden Gate Park.
- There are no fish in the pools. Swimming is not allowed.
- The people who practice there are some of the nicest people you’ll meet in San Francisco.
- Sunsets here are magical.
4.5 Stars on Yelp© (14 reviews): “This place makes me feel like a kid again”, “Who knew this was even here!”, “This is another SF treasure”, “I just like to go and watch people get their Angle on. Very relaxing.” Read all reviews.
Behind the Polo Fields and across the Bison Paddock; 1.2 miles from Ocean Beach.