The Best burrito in San Francisco is served at La Taqueria.
“How can that be?” You say. “But, but…there are more than 36 taquerias in the Mission alone!” You say. “No manches güey!”, you insist.
Ok, you’re right. I am also very suspicious of any establishment that claims to be “The Best _______ In The World”. But in this case, well, you’re just going to have to trust me…and the people who grant the James Beard awards.
What you need to know
- The carne asada burrito is their signature burrito, but also try the carnitas.
- Definitely don’t want to miss out on the beef tongue tacos
- Chase down your burrito with a large cup of horchata.
- Their green salsa is THE BOMB. So good, you’ll cry. Literally.
- Ask for your burrito dorado style.
- Try their crispy tacos (no, they’re not served on ready-made taco shells. This ain’t Taco Bell.)
- If you’re looking for organic ingredients and compostable cups and cutlery, this ain’t yo’ place.
- If you can’t live without rice in your burrito, this ain’t yo’ place.
- Cash only, closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. That’s a testament of just how popular this place is.
4 stars on Yelp (3,200+ reviews): “the BEST tacos in the Mission District (and pretty much all of SF)”, “a Mission classic”, “There’s always a line, and it’s super busy. Cash only. Be patient”, “Pre-Yelp, this spot was the spot. Post-Yelp, this spot is still the spot.”
Location and Hours
2889 Mission Street (@25 street)
Mon – Tue: Closed
Wed – Sat: 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm